Ever since my move to Carlisle, I have been less motivated to get my workouts in. With all of the fast food eating that we have been doing I have to get my workouts in to feel a little better about my current situation.
With an hour long drive home from work, working out when I get home is about the last thing that I want to do until, I do it! The hardest part is getting yourself in the right head space and ready to get that beach body you are aiming for. Luckily, I have a lot of space in the basement where I have set up a little gym for myself. Keep in mind that in order to get a good workout in, all you require is a good attitude and your body!
I tend to like HIIT workouts (High Intensity Interval Training), as I feel that it works best for my personal body type. HIIT in short, is burst of intense excercises followed by short breaks for recovery. These workouts do not have to be long to be effective. They keep your heart rate up and keep fat burning going.
Picture 1 – Moutain Climbers with Gliders, Picture 2 – Plank to V-Ups with Gliders
Below you will find my workout, give it a try. I promise it will get your heart rate going.
Note *Each workout should be 45 seconds of hard work. Push as hard as you can without disrupting your form, followed by a 15 second recovory break. You will complete each of these excercises 10 times total. Give yourself 1 minute rest in between.
Remember that to avoid injuries, you should always do a warm up and cool down. Your body will thank you.
- Dips ( I used my workout Bars, but you can use anything that you can find such as a chair or even stairs.)
- Shuffle Twists with a weighted ball (if the shuffle is too intense slow down to a walk versus a jump. Make sure your torso is straight and that you are twisting from the hips, while engaging your core)
- Mountain Climber using Gliders
- Burpee to squat ( If you want to make it more challenging, use a weight for your squat)
- Plank to V-Ups with a Glider
- Plank Jack with Gliders
- Push-Up Plank
- Traveling Jump Lunge
Donna Marie ❤
Below I have listed a link for each of the items that I personally used in my workout. Again, you do not have to use these but they add more intensity and better results so why not?!